Thursday, June 17, 2010

No Riding So Far This Year..........

Yes I have not done much riding this year, come to that I have not done much posting either.

Just before Christmas the mother-in-law died, two days short of her 91st birthday. After this sad time more bad news. The wife, Viv, was told she had breast cancer after her routine mammogram. Totally out of the blue. So more tests, an operation and now radiotherapy at Christies. (The famous cancer hospital in Manchester.) The radiotherapy lasts three weeks and presently we are half way through the timetable. A thirty four mile round trip for two minutes treatment every day. Can't complain though, the treatment is good and they don't run late too often. I have noticed, while waiting for Viv, that there is kindness and respect from the staff, and the patients and their friends seem to look on the bright side with smiles and laughter. It's amazing since they are suffering from various stages of cancer.

So you will appreciate I have had to help and support Viv. She appreciates this also and said as soon as her treatment ends I must ride again. So I am looking to be on the road again come July.

No comments: