Sunday, June 27, 2010

Football team 2?

I don't think I have anything to say.

I said it all in my previous blog entry.

Hammered 4-1 and our goalkeeper was the team's best player. What an impossible combination - an extremely stubborn manager and Hollywood style players who think the football world should just hand over the Jules Rimet honour. Capello's squad selection seemed flawed and his team selections resulted in four very poor performances. In no way did the players reproduce their Premier League form, either through injury or mental trepidation.

I don't think there is anything we can take from this venture except to rebuild our team, force Blatter and his Luddite followers out of office and request a proper 'football', leaving the Jubilana to Cantona and his beach football variation of our game.

No comments: