Friday, August 29, 2008

Tesco's 24 Hour Service ???????

Well it seems Tescos 24 hour service is no more!

From ten o'clock at night their manned tills shut down. Paying for shopping is now at the "Less than 10 items" till or the DIY tills. Will this policy be followed during the Christmas period?

The Store Manager's explanation is, "It is company policy." Clear as mud but it apparently covers the ground!

My take is that Tescos are now overstretched finanancially and they are looking to recover their position by whatever means possible - sod the customer and sod the staff. Maybe they should sell off some of the land they have bought up to stop other supermarkets opening in the same area

Free trade less monopoly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know this is true 'coz It was me that went and ended up making two managers put my goods through the DIY till and pack it all.
I hate Tescos.
Love
The wife xx